Dear Ramya,

I hope you are doing good.

The issue was with the Hibernate.cfg.xml as the property name mentioned in it incorrect.
E.g: use hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto instead of hbm2ddl.auto

Please replace your Hibernate.cfg.xml with the below lines.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-configuration PUBLIC
  "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Configuration DTD 3.0//EN"
<hibernate-configuration>
    <session-factory>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/sampledb</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.username">root</property>
        <property name="connection.password">root</property>
        <property name="connection.pool_size">1</property>
        <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</property>
        <property name="show_sql">true</property>
        <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto">create</property>
         <mapping class="in.edureka.annotation.Branch"/>
    </session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

Note: Please modify connection url, username, password according to your system and try it.

Please make sure that you have added the below set of jars to your project in Eclipse and try to run the program.

I have tried it on my end and it is working fine. Please refer to the below screenshot.


Please refer to the below link that consists of the Hibernate project I have used for your reference. Please go through it. You find all the required jars in the lib folder of the file downloaded.

Please try it and let me know if this helps you.

Waiting for your response.